Visit Our Dojo
Address: 257 Pine Street | Burlington Vermont 05401
Revised Schedule: We are now open! Adult classes now meet indoors, if you are fully vaccinated. See below for the complete summer schedule.
Pandemic Protocol: All students must abide by the health and safety regulations of Aikido of Champlain Valley. These regulations include:
- Members should monitor their health carefully and refrain from coming to the dojo with any fever, cough, chills, fatigue, sore throat, loss of taste or smell. Members will notify the Chief Instructor if they are diagnosed with Covid-19.
- All students 18 years and older must have completed vaccinations and wait for two weeks before beginning practice.
- Members will follow the covid guidelines of the State of Vermont and Aikido of Champlain Valley, and understand that guidelines may change.
- Social distancing and mask wearing will be honored within the dojo and in your daily life. Masks are to be worn in the hallway and dojo at all times.
- All common surfaces will be cleaned following classes.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the dojo. Hand sanitizer will be available in the hallway.
- We will have fans and our HRU system running during classes, and doors and windows will also be open to increase air flow and exchange.
- We will use care in how we move around the space, and respect the concerns and well-being of the most vulnerable within our dojo and in society.
- Prospective students must be fully vaccinated before training indoors.
If you’re a beginner, check out our introductory Aikido page.
Prospective students must watch one class before joining and meet with the Chief Instructor.
ADULT BASICS ON TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY 6-7:15pm (no second evening class in August). SATURDAY 10:30am-12pm
YOUTH CLASSES ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY, NO SATURDAY Youth Classes in August.
Indoor Classes at 257 Pine Street
Monday (Adult body arts and conditioning): 6-7pm Basics with Chris Farnham
Tuesday (Adult body arts and conditioning): 6-7pm Basics, 7-8:15pm All Levels with Benjamin Pincus
Wednesday (Adult body arts and conditioning): Basics 6-7pm with Jason Pepe
Thursday-(Adult body arts and conditioning): 6-7pm Basics, 7-8:15pm All Levels with Benjamin Pincus Saturday at 10:30am
Saturday (Adult body arts and conditioning): 10:30-11:30am Basics 11:30am-12:30pm Weapons with B. Pincus
Weapons: Practice the application of Aikido techniques with Japanese bokken (wood sword ) and jo (wood staff).
Children’s Classes (ages 7-12)
Tuesday Youth classes: 4:30-5:30pm
Thursday youth classes: 4:30-5:30pm
Saturday youth classes: 9:30-10:30am
Families are welcome to train, too! We offer discounts for families. A large children’s play space adjoins the mat to support training parents. Kids are welcome to try a class before joining. Visitors are always welcome!