Visit Our Dojo
Address: 257 Pine Street | Burlington Vermont 05401 See below for the complete summer schedule.
Pandemic Protocol: All students must abide by the health and safety regulations of Aikido of Champlain Valley. These regulations include:
- Members should monitor their health carefully and refrain from coming to the dojo with any fever, cough, chills, fatigue, sore throat, loss of taste or smell. Members will notify the Chief Instructor if they are diagnosed with Covid-19.
- All students 6 years and and older must have completed vaccinations and recommended covid boosters before beginning practice.
- Members will follow the covid guidelines of the State of Vermont and Aikido of Champlain Valley, and understand that guidelines may change.
- Mask wearing will be honored within the dojo . Masks are to be worn in the hallway and dojo at all times, and ideally in all public spaces away from the dojo. While training, students will wear a N95 mask, or double mask. These precautions are necessary because aikido emphasizes close contact training with a partner rather than solo forms.
- We will have fans and our HRU system running during classes, and doors and windows will also be open to increase air flow and exchange.
- We will use care in how we move around the space, and respect the concerns and well-being of the most vulnerable within our dojo and in society.
If you’re a beginner, check out our introductory Aikido page.
Prospective students must watch one class before joining and meet with the Chief Instructor on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday
Indoor Classes at 257 Pine Street
Monday (Adult body arts and conditioning): 6-7pm Basics with Chris Farnham
Tuesday (Adult body arts and conditioning): 6-7pm Basics, 7:15-8:15pm All Levels and weapons with Benjamin Pincus
Wednesday (Adult body arts and conditioning): Basics 6-7pm with Jason Pepe
Thursday-(Adult body arts and conditioning): 6-7pm Basics, 7:15-8:15pm All Levels and Weapons with Benjamin Pincus
Kenshusei/Yudansha Class (begins October 6th at 8pm – for intermediate students/uchi deshi
Saturday (Adult body arts and conditioning): Basics 10:45am-12:15pm
Weapons: Practice the application of Aikido techniques with Japanese bokken (wood sword ) and jo (wood staff).
Children’s Classes (ages 7-12)
Tuesday Youth classes: 4:30-5:30pm
Thursday youth classes: 4:30-5:30pm
Saturday youth classes: 9:30-10:30am
Families are welcome to train, too! We offer discounts for families. A large children’s play space adjoins the mat to support training parents. Kids ages 7-12 are welcome to try a class before joining. Visitors are always welcome!