Youth Aikido Programs
Youth Program for ages 7-12
Children can attend up to three classes each week (see schedule below). All classes provides fun, focused and safe Aikido training in a nurturing environment. A typical children’s class includes physical conditioning, games and methods to cultivate inner calm, especially under stress. Children discover how to apply Aikido’s philosophy of peaceful conflict resolution to their daily lives.
- Physical fitness, flexibility and strength through non-competitive training.
- Increased confidence, strength and well-being.
- The art of peaceful conflict resolution
- Bully awareness and prevention strategies
- Relaxation, meditation, and the cultivation of inner calm
- Positive social values such as respect, honesty, humility, and dignity.
- Peaceful methods of conflict resolution through the unique philosophy of Aikido.
- Respect for self and others
What is Aikido?
The Japanese martial art of Aikido integrates self-defense skills with a philosophy of non-violence and compassion. The graceful, flowing movements of Aikido emphasize the use of leverage and blending with the attack rather than blocking and punching. In a typical Aikido technique, the student evades the attack and then uses a dynamic throw or immobilizing hold.
Aikido of Champlain Valley
Our mission is to create a sustainable community and peaceable world through the practice and principles of the Japanese Martial Art of Aikido.
We provide scholarships for low income youth between the ages of 7-17, teach traditional Aikido in accordance with The United States Aikido Federation and Hombu Dojo, in Tokyo, Japan, and explore the relationship between conflict resolution and the practice of Aikido.
We are a 501(c)(3) federal non-profit educational organization that admits students of any national or ethnic origin, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities to all members.
Children’s Classes Schedule – first class free!
4:30-5:30 pm —
Children Ages 7-12
4:30-5:30 pm — Children Ages 7-12 (B. Pincus)
9:30-10:30 am — Children Ages 7-12 (B. Pincus)